District 37 Awards
District 37 recognizes the outstanding achievements in growth and leadership of our members each year with awards including the Helen Yandle Award, the Jay R. Nodine Leadership Award, the Triple Crown Award, and the Toastmaster of the Year Award.
The Helen Yandle Award was created in honor of a faithful member who lost her life in a fatal auto accident. This award is presented each year to the Club President with the highest score, based on criteria centered on club performance measures.
Helen Yandle Award nominations for Outstanding Club President for the year 2016-2017 have closed.
Contact District Director Bill Marlow if you have questions or need more information about this award.
View Helen Yandle Award Recipients
|2012||Jean Bailey Robor|
|2002||Lisa Ann Andrews|
|2001||Marilyn Sprague Smith and Hank Dearborn (dual award)|
Each year at the spring conference District 37 awards a Toastmaster member who has given extraordinary amounts of time and talent to their community, exemplifies service and civic support with the Jay R. Nodine Leadership Award.
- Nominees for this award are individuals who have acted with integrity, faith, and confidence on behalf of District 37, their community, as well as being a catalyst for positive leadership in North Carolina, the region, and beyond.
- The nominees for this award are those who have exemplified outstanding servant leadership, significantly generous in giving time and support in advancement of others.
- Exhibited outstanding creativity, trusteeship, ethics, mentoring, and dedication to continuing positive change in District 37.
- Demonstrated significant accomplishments within their own profession, in their church, schools, and other volunteer commitments.
- Has gone above and beyond to create new standards of stewardship of service to the District and their community.
- Self-Nominations are accepted
- Must be a member of a club in good standing
- Current District Officers whose terms expire June 30 are not eligible
- Must submit nomination in the form of a letter highlighting the award criteria has been accomplished
- Letters must be submitted via email to Bryan Walsh
- Award winner will be announced at the District 37 Spring Conference
For more information or questions, please contact Bryan Walsh, DTM, PDG, and Jay R. Nodine Leadership Award Chairman.
View Jay R. Nodine Leadership Award Recipients
View Toastmaster of the Year Award Recipients
|2017||Michael Beach, DTM|
|2016||Elmer Hill, DTM|
|2015||David Nottingham, DTM|
|2014||Angel Guerrero, DTM|
|2010||Larry Brown, DTM, PDG|
|2007||Pete Breidenbach, DTM|
|2006||Sindy Martin, DTM|
|2004||Pam Christopher, DTM, PDG, PID|
|2002||Ron Bower, DTM|
|2000||Forrest Greenslade, DTM|
|1998||Harold Barger, DTM|
|1997||Tommy Watts, ATM|
|1996||Patricia Tierney, ATM|
|1995||Wilma Hamlin, ATM-S|
|1994||Morris Dean, ATM|
|1993||Susan Lackey, ATM|
|1992||Lori Bates, ATM|
|1991||Paul Lynch, DTM|
|1990||Ralph Walker, DTM|
|1989||Raeford Smith, DTM|
|1988||Harry Carpenter, ATM-S|
|1987||Harry Carpenter, ATM-S|
|1986||Marcia Barney, DTM, PDG|
|1985||Robert Johnston, DTM|
|1984||Mary Reynolds, DTM|
|1983||Paul Lynch, DTM|
|1981||Robert Freeman, DTM|
|1980||Lee Beattie, DTM, PDG, PID|
|1979||John Vrabel, DTM|
|1976||Joe Ellisor, DTM, PDG|
|1975||Sara Smith, DTM, PDG|
|1973||Peter Gerns, DTM, PDG|