Strength in Numbers Incentive
June 1, 2019 – August 31, 2019
1. Your Club must meet your ‘Required Membership Strength’ by June 30, 2019.
2. Your Club must attain Distinguished status by June 30, 2019.
3. Your Club must have 5 Club Officers trained at an official Toastmasters Leadership Institute (TLI) training as posted on the District 37 calendar by August 31, 2019.
Club will receive the Club Officer Pin Set, Item # 5801Z, valued at $60.00.
August 1 – September 30, 2019
In honor of Ralph Smedley, can your club add five new, dual, or reinstated members between August 1 and September 30? By doing so you’ll qualify to receive a “Smedley Award” ribbon to display on your club’s banner!
In addition to the ribbon, qualifying clubs earn a special discount code for 10% off their next club order. (The discount code expires six months from the date of issue and is not valid with any other offer.)
Applications and payments for members who join between August 1 and September 30 must be received at World Headquarters or online no later than September 30. Each member’s join date as listed on the application must be for August or September.
Note: The addition of transfer and charter members does not count toward “Smedley Award” credit.
February 1 – March 31, 2020
Toastmasters love to talk, so take advantage of it. During the “Talk Up Toastmasters” membership contest, you can encourage your members to invite guests to a special meeting where regular procedures are augmented by a discussion of Toastmasters’ many benefits. Add five new, dual or reinstated members to your roster between February 1 and March 31 to receive a special “Talk up Toastmasters” ribbon to display on your club’s banner. In addition to the ribbon, qualifying clubs earn a special discount code for 10-percent off their next club order. (The discount code expires six months from the date of issue and is not valid with any other offer.)
All clubs that qualify for Talk Up Toastmasters will be able to choose a Zoom video conference call with their officer team and a district leader on one of the following topics:
* Open House
* Free Toast Host
* Successful Club Series
* Better Speaker Series
* Moments of Truth
From the clubs that qualify for Talk Up Toastmasters, 5 club names will be drawn at random at the Spring Conference for a choice of one of the following items:
- PORTABLE LECTERN (Item #382, value $95)
- CUSTOMIZABLE SIDEWALK SIGN (Item #6901, value $70)
- AIRTIMER PYRAMID TIMING LIGHT (Item #6931, value $97)
Applications and payments for members who join between February 1 and March 31 must be received at World Headquarters or online no later than March 31. Each member’s join date as listed on the application must be for February or March. The addition of transfer and charter members does not count for credit toward “Talk Up Toastmasters” credit.
May 1 – June 30, 2020
Toastmasters are taught to run meetings on time, finish speeches on time and make membership goals on time. “Beat the Clock” is about finishing the year on schedule – with a bang!
Here’s a wonderful new club goal: Earn the “Beat the Clock” award! Plan a contest in your club to motivate every member to get involved.
Clubs adding five new, dual or reinstated members during these two months receive a “Beat the Clock” ribbon to display on the club’s banner. Membership applications and payment for members who join between May 1 and June 30 must be received at World Headquarters or online no later than June 30. Each member’s join date as listed on the application must be no later than June. Transfer and charter members do not count for credit.
In addition to the ribbon, qualifying clubs will also earn a special discount code for 10% off their next club order. Discount code expires six months from date of issue and is not valid with any other offer. Clock’s ticking – but you can still BEAT IT!
July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
Hold an Open House from July 1, 2019 thru June 30, 2020 and receive up to a $50 reimbursement for approved expenses including but not limited to:
- Refreshments from a grocery store or restaurant (e.g. pizza, bagels)
- Colorful agendas
- Toastmaster products to promote your club or to give away as prizes
How to Claim
- Email request to Tim Edwards (West) or Karlene Phillips (East) 30 days in advance of the Open House taking place
- Proof of Eventbrite (or equivalent) registration 30 days is recommended in advance of Open House
- A copy of the invitation/flyer of guest speaker 30 days in advance of Open House
- After the Open House, send the following to our Club Growth Director:
- Record of attendance of both members and guests
You will need to provide original hard, digital or scanned copies of ALL receipts. No receipts – no reimbursement. Email request to Tim Edwards (West) or Karlene Phillips (East) with this documentation. Reimbursements will be processed through the Concur system exclusively.
Guest Packets Incentives
July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
The District 37 Leadership Team is happy to provide your club with Toastmasters Guest Packets (Item 387) and a Guest Log Book (Item 84) at no charge to your club. Feel free to add Club information to these packets but we ask that you avoid removing any items that were supplied in the Guest Packet.
The Guest Packet, as prepared by Toastmasters International includes the following items:
• Where Leaders are Made magnet (Item 6770)
• 10 Tips for Public Speaking bookmarker (Item 6818)
• CONFIDENCE Trifold brochure (Item 101)
• FIND Your Voice brochure (Item 99)
• All About Toastmasters brochure (Item124)
• The Benefits of Toastmasters flyer
• Black Toastmasters presentation folder
How to Claim
To receive Guest Packets at no charge, email a copy, a picture or scan of each page of the Guest Book as it is completed. Each completed page must be legible with name, address, phone number and email address for the four (4) guests. Please include in your request: Club Name, VPM Name, and best mailing address for Guest Packets to be sent to.
To receive Guest Log Book at no charge, email a copy, a picture or scan of the LAST page of the Guest Book as it is completed. Please include in your request: Club Name, VPM Name, and best mailing address for Guest Log Book to be sent to.
Newly chartered clubs will receive five (5) Guest Packets and one (1) Guest Log book at no charge to the club. The Club Growth Director will ensure delivery of these items after chartering.